BMW S 1000 RR-riding racer Maria Costello is holding a women-only track event at the fantastic Donington Park Circuit on 15 July – where she and her expert instructors use RRs.
Female riders are invited to join her and enjoy a friendly, confidence-building introduction to track riding with Maria and her team of expert instructors, whatever class and size of machine you own.
We asked Maria to fill us in on why women should join her on this event:
"Maria Costello said: I've had such an awesome life thanks to motorcycling and I wanted to give some of that back to other women.
The idea behind these women-only track days is that it provides a stepping stone for those women who truly feel intimidated by going on track with men - and giving them more confidence to do exactly that in the future, or even just to be able to go home a more confident rider to enable them to ride out with their partner or group of friends without being nervous.
It's about having the opportunity to build confidence and learn new riding skills in a controlled, friendly and welcoming learning environment. So that these women can progress as bikers and remain a safer more confident biker for longer."
For more info visit nolimitstrackdays.com/womenonly
We are very pleased to be able to support Maria and her Women Only events as they are a great introduction for novice track riders and, of course, are fantastic fun for everyone who attends.
Trackdays are fantastic events for road riders to experience, and here’s why:
- Riding a sporty motorcycle on a race track is incredibly fun and an exciting experience
- It’s a great way to build your confidence and improve your skills in a controlled, safe environment
- You get to ride a world-class circuit, in this case Donington Park, which has been a mainstay of World Superbikes and MotoGP for years
- Instructors are on hand to offer advice on everything from body positioning to the best line through a corner and handling techniques
- You can also get one-on-one training out on track
World of BMW also organsises trackdays with Focused Events .Check out the full calendar at www.focusedevents.com/bmw-track-and-training.asp